- Most people arriving will come this way. The Stalag 17 / M.A.S.H. feel is not particularly inviting. They've got two weeks to make the experience a bit more cuddly.
- The tent city is where you will have any and all symptoms of non-conformism frisked out of you. Mostly this is to ensure that you haven't brought enough sandwiches to leave the park without raising a second mortgage for a cheeseburger and that you will not be attempting to use a non-Visa credit card in an aggressive manner.
- As an Official Sponsor at some appropriately stratospheric level, every advert in Stratford Underground promoting the ultimate joy of celebrating the peaks of sporting endeavour bears a McDonalds logo. You may laugh or cry, it's none of my business to tell you how you should react. Laughing feels somehow stronger though.
- When history tells the story of 2012, the number of people who've actually seen the Olympic Park bathed in sunshine may be so short that I'll get a namecheck.
- Probably all modern Olympics are like this, they just don't show the shit bits on telly.
There are no kebab shops in The Westfield Shopping Centre.