- Get up late. (Rarely manage it, have lost the skill)
- Veg around for a bit whilst Al takes the girls to gym. Drink lots of coffee
- Go to the pub with my Dad just before the girls return
- Get back from the pub just in time for a series of major sporting events that command my immediate attention
- Muck around with Hatty and Abby. Despatch them to bed.
- Veg around for the evening with Al and indulge Saturday night relaxation 'activities'
This Saturday I:
- Woke up at 4am. Read all the broadsheet reviews of England's victory over Australia in the first one-dayer yesterday
- Went back to bed at 5am
- Woke up at 8am and vegged around a bit. Drunk lots of coffee. Sorted family finances for month-end
- Watched the highlights of England's victory over Australia in the first one-dayer yesterday
- Decided not to go to the pub with my Dad, on account of his deciding not to go to the pub
- Opened Amazon parcels containing fantastic boys toys. Discovered motivation
- Trimmed the worlds smallest hedge, in the front garden
- Cleared all the weeds in the front garden
- Reduced the bay bush to a rather effeminate 'ball on a stick'
- Took new boy's toy to the non-closing front gate and re-sited the catch. Primed. The gate now closes
- Took Abby to Wallington to buy beer and birthday presents. Had Saharan sand washed from car
- Took pictures of girls eating boiled eggs
- Removed several hundredweight of growth from the side of the house
- Removed several more hundredweight from the bin alley at the back
- Cleared up two lots of several hundredweight of growth, plus snails
- Tidied the shed. Chemically laid waste to the patio moss. Dreamed up projects for my other new boy's toy
- Watched Andy Murray beat Marcos Baghdatis in ridiculous 11th hour nailbiter
- Realised I had run out of time for relaxation 'activities'. And Al had gone to bed.
It's all crap, frankly.