Things I learnt today:
- The only way to put up curtain rails in Victorian houses is with BIG BLOODY BATTENS.
- My ceilings aren't level. Or my floors. Or the top of my window-frames. I'm surprised I can get out of bed without falling over.
- If you need a 7mm hole, start with a 4mm bit and adjust for wobbling.
- The previous owner of this house was the DIY numbskull from hell.
- This is a 5 hour job, with a fair bit of sweating. But I can live with that for perfect results, which is what they are. I am very happy.
- This bit of kit is positively excellent: Commended to the House.
- Oh. Mark 'Top' on the battens before you drop them on the floor. It's a lot less stressful.