- I can have toasted dolcelatte sandwiches and a glass of decent Claret for tea. There is no-one here to tell me that this is damaging to my long-term health prospects.
- I can listen to Beck, really loud, all evening. No-one turns up to point out that 'It's JLS' turn now'. Or, indeed, to advise that it's time to 'turn that shit off'.
- The cleaner has been today. Everything is tidy. When I turn around and turn back again, everything is where it was before.
- I do not feel the need to stay up until 2am in order to be able to concentrate on stuff. Because I find myself able to concentrate on stuff now.
- There are no bedtime stories to read. No-one to persuade to clean their teeth. No 'UPSTAIRS! NOW!' shouting to do.
- When I wake in the morning, the only thing I will have to think about is getting dressed. And leaving at the right time to catch my train. Also, my general state of morning grumpiness will not be heightened by small morons moping around the bathroom when I am trying to shave. I can shave ANY TIME I LIKE.
Obviously, I miss them all dreadfully.
Stop looking at me like that.